Friday 2 October 2015

Post 2 (Week 4) - The Best Concert I've Ever Been To

There are many concerts I have loved, but I think that probably one of the best concerts I have ever been to was At The Drive In when they played in Manchester. It was so long ago I don't quite remember, but I think it was 2000.


At the Drive-In was an American post-hardcore band from El Paso, Texas, formed in 1993. The band is considered as one of the most influential post-hardcore acts of the late 1990s and early 2000s  Most people these days probably remember them best for being the band that gave birth to The Mars Volta and all subsequent projects.


The atmosphere was electric. The main thing I remember were many signs all around the venue saying that 'mosh pits' were not allowed. At the beginning of the concert, I didn't quite know why.


When the concert started I realised why! Everyone was instantly energised and the audience erupted in adrenaline fueled madness!


I loved it, not only because of the music, also the acrobatics of Cedric Bixler, the singer, as he climbed the speakers to at least 15 feet up, before throwing his microphone, then himself into the air. Madness! 


Sadly, they split up soon after, but in different projects continue to produce good music to this day.


15 comments:

  1. I didn't know you like hardcore music, Andy! the picture shows the energy you described; that acrobatic looks fun haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The music is life !!
    Your picture is nice!
    I like the acrobatics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never heard the group. I think that I'll hear them someday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Andy! this is my blog
    http://patagonicamoon.blogspot.cl/

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohh i will listen someday this band. This seems to be a good band

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don´t like the hardcore music but always attend a concert of the music that you like is great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don´t know about this band, but I like the hardcore music :)

    bye!

    ReplyDelete
  9. http://animalsaurio.blogspot.cl/

    ReplyDelete
  10. cool band, see u on the next class!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't know this band! sounds cool jaja I didn't know you like this kind of music :o

    ReplyDelete
  12. i don't know about that band. I'll search a little about them, it sound great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It seem so harcore! I don't know that band, but it they give birth to The Mars Volta, the have to be speciall

    ReplyDelete
  14. Please visit mi blog !!!! http://thetomisblog.blogspot.cl/

    ReplyDelete