Thursday 6 August 2015

A TV Programme I Saw As A child

Write about a TV programme you saw as a child.
Say;
What it was called,
What it was about,
How often you watched it,
Why you enjoyed it.
Write at least 200 words. Leave a comment on your teacher's blog & on the blogs of at least 3 classmates.

Probably one of my favourite television programmes I saw as a child was called 'Monkey'.

It was about a monkey God who was thrown out of Heaven because he caused too much trouble. Because of this he was imprisoned in a mountain until he was set free by a Buddhist monk called Tripitaka. He then had to help Tripitaka go on a pilgrimage from China to fetch holy scriptures.

However, he was not alone and took with him two other people that had been thrown out of heaven also. These were Sandy, a water monster and Pigsy, a pig monster. Together, they helped Tripitaka on her journey and would fight many extreme monsters along the way.

I would watch this show every week without fail, even if it cost me time when I should have been doing homework!!

I enjoyed it because it was filled with action, strange creatures and lots of humour. It also had a moral message to every episode and also always had a moral message to share that was very interesting, especially to someone young. 

A truly classic piece of television history and interesting to watch something from Asia, years before the explosion of Animated series.




30 comments:

  1. I think that combination with subjects like that program are very good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the first time I hear about that program, but I find it very interesting and entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have good Tv programme in England? Sorry, but it sounds really bad. Have a nice week and go home and watch SpongeBob!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love programmes from england... The news and the older (and british actors are so talented) . I wanna watch this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd never hear about this programme....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really! I don't know about this programme , but it seems so boring ! jajajaja I'm really sorry, but it's not my kind of tv programme ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When did you see this TV programme? I will find it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had never heard about this tv show O:

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never heard about it, I think it was never transmitted in Chile.

    The main character looks like a lot of monkey gods in other television series

    ReplyDelete
  12. TV show is aired in 1980 , now how old is andy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, I'd never hear or read about that program, I think that I will watch it in some free time

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow! this TV programme should be fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I did not know that TV show , but sounds very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Andrew,

    I feel it must have been a pretty entertaining program. I hope someday to have enough time to see the show and thus catch it with action and all the humor that television has given you.

    Regards.

    ReplyDelete
  18. ohh I had never heard of "Monkey". it sounds very fun! hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think the history of the monkey god was a inspiration from Dragon Ball and other tales from Japan and China! :) i think

    ReplyDelete
  20. i've never heard about this TV show!! but sounds good! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  21. i've never heard about this TV show!! but sounds good! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  22. I didn't know this tv show!
    for sure is a old, ooooooooold programme! jjajaja :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I never hear or saw something about this TV show!! but should be funny ! ahaha :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. I thinks this programme does not exist when I was a child because I do not know :P but great!

    ReplyDelete
  25. i neveeer saw this in my life! but for sure was good

    ReplyDelete
  26. I never saw this in Chile, teacher I'm not in the link's area!!! ADD ME PLEASE! I'm felipe the one was with the broken arm!

    ReplyDelete
  27. ohh that programme looks like power rangers! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  28. I've never heard about this programme, it seems a little bit old jajaj

    ReplyDelete